Saturday, September 15, 2012

Watermark Shirts

Jacob has been so great to me lately. Not that he normally isn't, but he's been so cute and goes out of his way to support me.

The other day while he took me shopping, I picked up a couple of shirts, glue and dye to we could make shirts. I figured we both could use new shirts and a reason to hang out.
(That, and he had an extra nerdy project for us to do, so I figured this would help balance things out!)


We sat for awhile trying to decide what to draw on our shirts, but I settled on some abstract swirls and Jacob settled on a Mario mushroom. Trusting me to do the glue drawing, Jacob sat back as I covered all the areas to remain white in gel glue.

24 long hours of drying later (I'm impatient but wanted to make sure I didn't screw this up!) we set forth to dye them. A cool, unintentional dip-dye effect later, we had out shirts! The glue washed off easily too. I already want to make more. The possibilities are running through my head. I'm wearing mine as I type!
Not only did he score a cool shirt, Jacob earned major brownie points in the process!!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this technique. It would be fun to try with my kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...